Automotive Heating and Cooling Services in Memphis, TN
There is nothing worse than sitting in a sweltering car on a hot summer day. If you are rolling down the windows and the breeze isn’t enough to cool you down, then you need to talk to our expert team here at Central Automotive. We are located in Memphis, TN and offer all of the services that are needed for your vehicle.
When you schedule a diagnostic inspection with our team, we will identify the issue and make recommendations to fix your heating or A/C problems. You are guaranteed high-quality services and competitive price, making it easy for you to improve the quality of your vehicle.
Why is it Necessary to Maintain the Air Conditioning System?
Regular use will eventually lead to problems with the heating and air conditioning systems in a car. Without proper maintenance, it is common for the pipes to clog and start dripping. As a result, the efficiency of the system is decreased, and it is harder to maintain the temperature in your car.
Signs of Problems with the A/C
How do you know if you are having problems with the air conditioning system? These are some of the signs that it is time to schedule an appointment with the experts at Central Automotive:
- The air blowing through the vents is only slightly cooler compared to the outside air
- You smell something musty, damp, moldy, or mildew
- Cold air comes out when the heater is blowing, or warm air comes out when the A/C is on
- The defroster doesn’t work, or it takes a longer time to clear the windows
- When the heater is on, it is difficult to warm up the cabin of the car more than the outside temperature
- If the car is idling, then the heater or air conditioner doesn’t work (it only blows when the car is driving)
- The airflow through the vents is low, even when the fan is turned to the highest setting
Our Comprehensive Inspection of Your A/C and Heating System
Here at Central Automotive, we are committed to providing the best services to our customers. We offer comprehensive inspection and diagnostics when you bring your car into our shop. These services might include:
- An examination of the blower and internal controls
- Identification of leaks or failed seals
- Checking the thermostat, radiator cap pressure, hoses, and operating temperature
- Inspection of the compressor belt
- Testing the cooling system pressure
- Comparing the A/C pressure with manufacturer recommendations
- Measure the temperature of the air that is coming through the vent
A/C and Heating Repair and Maintenance Services
Once we identify problems with your heater or air conditioning system, then we will make custom recommendations to match your needs. These services might include:
- Air Conditioning: If your car doesn't cool down, then we can identify the problem and repair the air conditioner. We offer maintenance, repair services, and full replacement if needed.
- Belts: A fan belt is incorporated into the engine to rotate the engine fan and the water pump, helping to cool the environment for the engine. When the belts are worn and cracked, you will need to make the investment to replace these parts.
- Hoses: Antifreeze and coolant move through the hoses in the cooling system of the car. These hoses need to be replaced after some time because of regular wear and tear.
- Flushing the Coolant System: Coolant is used in your car to transfer excess heat away from the engine. Over time, the coolant fluid gathers grime and dust, which has a negative impact on the performance of the vehicle. A coolant system flush is a basic maintenance, and it can help with the optimization of the cooling system in your car.
- Radiator: The internal combustion system in the car needs a heat exchanger, built in the form of a radiator. This function cools the engine because it circulates coolant through the engine block. If the radiator fails, then excess heat is present, and it can damage many parts of the engine.
- Flushing the Radiator: The radiator fluid will collect rust, dirt, and other deposits that build up and cause problems with the performance of the car. As a result, the cooling system slows down and doesn’t offer maximum performance. It is important to schedule regular radiator flushes to get rid of the grime and maintain clean fluid for the coolant system.
Seasonal Services for Your Vehicle
Did you know that there are certain maintenance tasks that can help with the performance of your vehicle in different seasons? At the beginning of summer and winter, you should schedule an appointment with the experts here at Central Automotive.
Summer maintenance will help your car be ready to hold up against the heat, traffic jams, and dust. Recommended services during this time of year include checking the battery, changing the fluids, examining hoses and belts, checking the coolant systems, replacing the wiper blades, checking tire tread, and inspecting all lights.
Winterizing your vehicle should include inspections of the battery, tires, wiper blades, fluids, and lights. Additionally, it is necessary to check the exhaust system, hoses, belts, and heating system.
Is it time to bring your car in for heating or air conditioning services? Then our team at Central Automotive is here to help! Call us if you are located near Memphis, TN.